Being gluten free is hard enough without having to worry about where to eat when dining out. Thankfully, it’s easier to find restaurants now that are gluten free…whether they have a specific menu, or specialize in only gluten free meals. Below is a list of chain restaurants that will help make your decisions less stressful, and more enjoyable. I have frequented all of them and they are worth the visit.
- PF Changs: Great asian fusion that is gluten free! And what’s great is they serve the gluten free dishes on red plates to differentiate the meals being delivered.
- Tijuana Flats: A burrito company that has tacos, both hard and soft, that are gluten free and delicious! They do not have a separate gluten free menu but they are very helpful.
- Red Robin: Great burgers, chicken sandwiches, and a customizable allergen menu to cater to your needs. Oh…and the buns are delicious!
- BJ’s Brewhouse: With a gluten free menu, and many delicious options to choose from, you will have a great experience here, including a gluten free delight called the Pizookie!
- The Mellow Mushroom: Pizza at your fingertips…without the pain! This place has great crust and many choices of pizzas. OH!!! And they have Daiya…a vegan cheese!!!! You gotta try it!
- Chick Fil A: Their grilled nuggets are amazing! Definitely a must have.
- Maggiano’s: This Italian restaurant offers gluten free pasta and other dishes that are friendly to us picky eaters.
- First Watch: Known for their amazing breakfast dishes, this chain offers bowls that have potatoes or quinoa with eggs, bacon, cheese, kale, etc. Their allergen menu tells you the dishes that contain gluten or dishes that can be modified. A great find!
- Buffalo Wild Wings: OK, not the healthiest of choices, but when that craving for wings kicks in during the playoffs, this is the place to be. Their mild sauce and the honey BBQ sauce are both gluten free, as are a few other sauces. Just ask for the allergen list. They are super knowledgable there!
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex: Their fajitas are amazing! Go there and try them yourself!
I know that there are plenty of other restaurants out there that are available to gluten free thrivers. Please feel free to add one that you have found, one worth a visit or two or three. Date nights are waiting to be planned!