…then how can you accomplish what you want out of life? I’m sure that you have goals that you want to accomplish. People in your life that you want to spend lots of time with. Children that you want to see grow up happy, healthy and successful. Grandchildren that will know your legacy. And a spouse that you would like to grow old with. It all starts with your health.
Being gluten free is just a piece of what healthy means. Of course food is a huge contributing factor. After all, what you put in is what goes out…literally and figuratively. When you eat healthy, the nutrients and vitamins give you the energy you need to stay strong. When you are feeling strong and energetic, you bring that into your life. You act differently. You laugh more. You play more. You enjoy the small things and linger in the big things. People want to be around you. They want to learn about what it is that you are doing. They will want to eat what you are eating (think about that scene in “When Harry Met Sally”). And you want to feel this way all the time.
Health is a mindset. It shows up in everything you do. Your career. Your relationships. The way you dress and even the way you walk. When you delve into the gluten free world as a lifestyle, you are making the conscious decision to change the way you do things…more than eating. It’s about shopping. It’s about cooking. And it’s about putting yourself first. Your health first. Without that…what else do you have?
Your body is the only one you get. Your life is the only one you live. Make your health your #1 priority. If you are not healthy physically, emotionally, spiritually, and in every aspect of your life, what’s the point? Here are some sure fire ways of bringing health into your gluten free lifestyle:
- Shop for naturally gluten free food and cook that way.
- Read personal development books that will get you to where you want to be. Some greta ones are Living Forward, You Are A Badass, Awaken The Giant Within, and there are millions more.
- Surround yourself with people that bring out the best version of yourself. It is said that you are the average of the people you surround yourself with. So make sure those people are worthy.
- If you do what you love, then you will never work a day in your life. Make sure that what you do on a daily basis is something that fills you up inside. Make sure it is your passion. And if it’s not, go after it.
- Exercise at least 4-5 days a week. It is a great way to burn calories, clear your head and most importantly, find time for yourself.
Please share if you have other ways of staying healthy. We would love to hear your thoughts.